University of Manitoba medical professor Dr. Pamela Orr is a physician, teacher, administrator and researcher with expertise in Aboriginal and circumpolar health.
Her current research focuses on the epidemiology of infectious diseases in Aboriginal populations, the social determinants of health, and health-care delivery. Dr. Orr is a consultant with the J.A. Hildes Northern Medical Unit and scientific editor of the International Journal of Circumpolar Health.
She is a member of the Water Rights Research Consortium co-ordinated by the Centre for Human Rights Research.
Dr. Orr's recent publications include:
- Canadian Tuberculosis Committee (includes Orr P). Recommendations on Interferon Gamma Release Assays for the Diagnosis of Latent Tuberculosis Infection. 2010 Update. July 2010 (ACS-5).
- Christianson S, Wolfe J, Orr P, Karlowsky J, Levett PN, Horsman GB, Thibert L, Tang P, Sharma MK. Evaluation of 24 locus MIRU-VNTR genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in Canada. Tuberculosis 2010:90(1):31-8.
- Larcombe L, Nickerson P, Singer M, Robson R, Dantouze J, Orr P. “Housing conditions in two northern Canadian First Nations Communities”. Int J Circ Health 2011;70.
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (includes Orr P). Statement on the Recommended Use of Herpes Zoster Vaccine. Can Commun Dis Rep 2010, 36)ACS-1).
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (includes Orr P). Updated Statement on the Use of Rotavirus Vaccines. Can Commun Dis Rep 2010 (ACS-4).
- Orr P. Adherence to Tuberculosis Care in Canadian Aboriginal Populations. Parts 1 & 2: Definition, Measurement, Responsibility, Barriers. Int J Circ Health 2011;70.
- Orr Inuuqatigiitiarniq: Living in harmony, through the interconnection of mind, body, spirit and environment. Circumpolar Health Supplements 2010;7:423-24.
- Orr P. Infectious Diseases and Sexual Health: Old and New Infectious Agents, Old and New Control Strategies. Circumpolar Health Supplements 2010;7:77-8.
- Orr P. Aajiiqatigiinniq: Seeking Solutions through Collaboration. Circumpolar Health Supplements 2010;7:21-4.