Human Rights Day is celebrated by the international community every year on 10 December. It commemorates the day in 1948 that the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
In recognition of Human Rights Day, the CHRR alongside the Centre for Social Science Research and Policy at the University of Manitoba will host a virtual conversation entitled ‘Imagining the ‘Peg as a Human Rights City.’ Panelists include:
- Dr. Warren Clarke, Anthropology, Faculty of Arts, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Nathan Derejko, Mauro Chair in Human Rights and Social Justice, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba
- Reanna Merasty, Artist, Author, and Chair, Welcoming Winnipeg Committee, City of Winnipeg
- Dr. Joel R. Pruce, Human Rights Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Dayton
- Karen Sharma, Manitoba Human Rights Commission
Register now and submit your questions to the panelists here!
For more information or questions about the event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you there!