1808 Wellington Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0G3
Integrating Sexuality into Health Care Practice
Sexuality is an important dimension to a patients’ health – and their health care experience. This training opportunity goes beyond the basics of Sexuality to support health care providers in their assessment, analysis and treatment planning. Participants will learn and practice sex-positive communication skills that support authentic relationship building while learning new skills designed to increase awareness and knowledge around the following topics:
- Cultural Aspects of Sexuality
- Social Definitions of Sexuality
- Sexual Development
- Diversity in Sexuality: Sex, Gender and Sexual Orientation
- Sex Positivity and Patient Centred Approaches
- Communicating about Sexuality: Language Tools
- Inclusive Sexual Health Assessments and Intake Processes
- Sexuality and Case Management / Treatment Planning
- Best Practices and Evidence-Based Approaches
- Sexuality and Reproductive Health in Older Adults
- Contemporary Influences
- Policy and Program Considerations
- Resources and Referrals (Provided on a flash drive for participants to use in their work)
IDEAL FOR: Health care professionals including, but not limited to: Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Doctors, Physicians’ Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers in health care settings, Administration and Human Resources in health care, etc.
CERTIFICATION: Participants will receive a certificate of completion worth 6.0 hours that can be applied to Continuing Competency Programs for various professional regulating bodies.
COST: $100.00, Includes snacks, coffee/tea and lunch. Free parking available on site. Please indicate dietary needs on registration form. Registration will be confirmed when payment is received. Click on the link above to register now and pay online. To pay by cheque, you can request an invoice by downloading the form HERE and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, requesting an invoice does not guarantee your spot. Upon receipt of payment, you will be issued a special code to complete your registration. Once this process is complete, your registration will be confirmed.