Near 750 Bannatyne Ave
MB R3E 0W2
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences National Indigenous Peoples Day event.
Join us at the Mashkiki Gitigaan – Medicine Garden near 745 Bannatyne Avenue for the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences National Indigenous Peoples Day event.
7:00 am Lighting a sacred fire
7:30 am Pipe ceremony
10:30 am Formal program:
- Opening prayer – Elder Margaret Lavallee
- Honour song
- Dr. Marcia Anderson, vice-dean, Indigenous health, social justice and anti-racism, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Melanie MacKinnon, head, Ongomiizwin-Indigenous Institute of Health and Healing, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Summer solstice and Elder teachings
Noon – Brodie Centre atrium, 727 McDermot Avenue
- Special presentation by Rady Faculty of Health Sciences Dean Dr. Brian Postl honouring Elder Margaret Lavallee
- Lunch & entertainment
- Closing remarks