- Work, care and human rights in the age of COVIDWatch this discussion online or read the summary below. Stripped of dignity: Death and dying in the time of COVID, Harare, 2020 Historian Dr. Joyce Chadya’s new study examines how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed mourning practices in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe had 7,898 confirmed cases of the disease at the time
- Thanking our founding directorIn recognition of Prof. Karen Busby’s devotion to founding the Centre for Human Rights Research and building interdisciplinary research teams, including to tackle drinking water issues on First Nations, the centre presented her with this print by Métis artist Christi Belcourt. Dr. Adele Perry took over as the research centre’s
- Speakers Bureau goes onlineDuring the COVID pandemic, law and master of human rights students will deliver free presentations to Grade 7 to 12 classes and community groups through online video platforms rather than in-person. Request your presentation today.
- Sexual and reproductive rights seminarsCheck out summaries and podcasts from our 2019 public seminar series.
- Small grants availableUniversity of Manitoba faculty members who want to explore new collaborative interdisciplinary human rights research projects are invited to apply for a small grant from the Centre for Human Rights Research.
- Apply to Master of Human Rights programMaster of Human Rights website